Pages

a toast to dreams and to children

Today is my oldest daughter's 7th birthday. Earlier this week, she said to me, "Mommy, I want you to ask your boss if you can stay home on my birthday." It broke my heart to tell her no. I'm a contractor and I don't get vacation time. If I don't go to work, I don't get paid. Someday--before the kids are all grown up--I pray that my writing efforts succeed and I can finally work from home.

So today I raise a toast to dreams and someday when our dreams all come true. To children with their innocence and their faith and their love. And to Makani with her eager love for learning, her vivid imagination, and those little freckles splattered across her cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. There is an amazing new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

    Major companies are paying people for sharing their opinions!

    You can earn up to $75 per survey!

    And it's open to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments.