Pages

Changes by Jim Butcher

Changes (The Dresden Files, #12)Changes by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In one book, Butcher strips away everything Harry Dresden holds dear. I've heard many people talk about this book, and when I finally got to it, I thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as people have said. There is another book coming out, after all. There has to be some Dresden-verse left to continue the story.

No, Butcher really does tear apart the world that he took 11 books to build. A phone call: They took our daughter, says Susan. What daughter? Susan hasn't been in the story for seven books or so. And thus Dresden sets out to save the child he never met. Thinking of her alone and scared, held by Red Court vampires, and remembering his own childhood as an orphan, Dresden is willing to do anything to save her.

Even if it means selling his soul. There's a lot of bidders out there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.