Pages

Whimsy 6.5.13

Welcome to Whimsical Writer's Wonderful WIP Wednesday! WHIMSY for short.

I give a status on my WIP and share beautiful details about my story & characters...


project:  BREAKING ANGELINA
word count:  14K
percentage:  70% complete
goal this week:  6K (to finish the story!)




ANGELINA

I love this story, dark and gritty.

People wondered what would make a sweet, good little girl like Angelina (from Playing Hooky) decide to murder a siren. How did she even learn about the magical world? This is the story that explains it all...

...though as a good writer should, I raise more questions to be answered in another story.


Excerpt:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


I STARE AT the grade on my paper, a red smear, like blood welling up, the words bleeding.


A big fat, ugly C.

C is for mediocre.

Ordinary.

Imperfect.

Dashing a tear from my eye, I force a smile on my face. I studied hard, but next time, I’ll do better. I’ll keep my scholarship. Everything will be fine.

The world is full of glitters and stars; rainbows hide in every corner. You just have to be willing to find the treasure in the midst of the junk.

No matter what terrible things happen to me, that’s what I tell myself when I climb out of bed each morning.

“So what did you get on the quiz?” Barbara holds up her B paper.


Snapping my folder shut before she can see, I zip it closed. “An A,” I lie.

I should have had an A. I studied and knew all the answers, but during the quiz, this strange humming noise buzzed in my ear, distracting me.

Voices whispered underneath the humming, and I knew they were talking about me. But the more I strained to listen, I couldn’t make out what they said. I almost yelled to tell them how rude they were, but that would have interrupted everyone else taking the test.

I’m pretty sure the voices did it on purpose. They wanted me to fail.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Want to join in my weekly meme? If you have a WIP, just  perform the following steps:
  1. Write your own blog post
  2. Get the linky code here
  3. Paste it at the end of your blog post
  4. Add a linky to your blog post


 


1 comment:

I love your comments.