Pages

Whimsy 7.17.13










Welcome to my

Whimsical Writer's Wonderful WIP Wednesday!


STATUS:

project: BREAKING ANGELINA
series: Paranormal Investigation, #1.5
status: No longer almost done. Maybe 50% at 24K words *sigh*


As TJ and I approach the ending of BREAKING ANGELINA, we are analyzing the story for holes and areas where the plot / characters / world can be flushed out. The result is that we are adding two more plot threads. Our novella will likely be a full length novel at 50K words.


EXCERPT:
“What do you want tracked down?”


“A siren. I want to kidnap a siren.”

He snorts. “A sweet, little vanilla mortal like you, kidnapping a siren? Just asking for trouble, aren’t you, angel?”

I lift my chin.

“There are only three sirens in this world. Something that rare is going to cost you extra, say ten grand.” The way his eyes flash golden makes me take another step back, a chill runs through me. I feel like a mouse staring into the eyes of a cat.

I swallow back the lump of fear in my throat and raise my chin again. “Ten-thousand dollars? How am I supposed to come up with that kind of money?”

“Not my problem, princess. If you figure it out, you know where to find me.” He steps in close, backing me into the wall. His muzzle turns to my throat. Is he going to rip it out?

I can feel his breath on my skin. My bladder suddenly feels very full. He sniffs at my neck like a dog. A great big, scary dog.

“And now I know how to find you. Take care, sweet thing.”

He turns back to the bar and I run. His laughter follows me into the night.





{|{|{


Want to join in my weekly meme? If you have a WIP, just perform the following steps:


1. Write your own blog post
2. Send me an email to ask for the linky script
(email address on the right-hand side bar)
3. Paste it at the end of your blog post
4. Add your blog post URL to the linky


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.