Pages



This book totally took me by surprise. The only survivors of a plane wreck on a deserted island are about 15 beauty-pageant girls.

It started off as a spoof, but as time passes, you learn that each girl has a painful secret. Their time on the island strips away all their pretenses, their beliefs, and even their desires. Enemies become friends. Contestants become survivors. Girls become women.

At the end, I was cheering for each and every one of the characters in this book.

My favorite quote:

"Why do girls always feel like they have to apologize for giving an opinion or taking up space in the world? Have you ever noticed that?" Nicole asked. "You go on websites and some girl leaves a post and if it's longer than three sentences or she's expressing her thoughts about some topic, she usually ends with, 'Sorry for the rant' or 'That may be dumb, but that's what I think."
--Libba Bray, Beauty Queens

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.