Pages

Truth or Dare

Truth: What is one thing you regret?


Dare: I dare you to take one step toward living out your regretted dreams.




My Truth
I regret how I managed my money while I was in my twenties. I didn’t contribute to the company’s 401K plan in order to save for retirement. I didn’t save money at all. I could have bought a house and gotten a roommate. So many things I could have done differently in order to prepare for marriage and children, but money had no real importance until I had mouths to feed and little bundles of love to clothe.


Most of all I wish I had financial independence. If I had taken wiser care of my income at the beginning, I wouldn’t have to work a day job while running a business at night. I’d have more time for my family. More time to relax and be more a part of homeschooling. More time to write.


At the same time though, I have no car debt, no credit card debt, no medical debt—just rent, utilities, food, education (for homeschooling), and our publishing business...oh, and two student loans. The last 7 years, we worked hard to pay off all our debts to get to this point.


And someday we’ll buy a house and I’ll quit my job to focus on writing and publishing.



* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Truth or Dare is my own weekly meme. I have found that many of my favorite blog posts by book bloggers I love were the ones that they shared more about themselves. Book bloggers are so busy sharing about books that we get little time to know them. Truth or Dare is an opportunity to pause from our weekly posts and get to know each other.

Want to participate? Copy and paste my Truth or Dare challenge into your own post and then write your answer to my question or about the results of your dare. Be sure to post the link here...


1 comment:

  1. Great post and an interesting idea, Rita. I'll try and think of something for next week - if my memory holds out

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments.